Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tony's Auction

Well now that you have a wholesale auction to goto, what about a "Junk" auction? Well it might not sound like much, but Tony's auction is a kind of resale auction. Its mostly used goods at a good price. A set of dishes for 6 for instance will go for $2. Need that silverware to go with it? Another $2!

Some great deals are to be had. But you must be careful about what you get at auction. Most items are "AS-IS" meaning you get no chance to return it. However, the great thing about Tony's auction if he says "Guaranteed" he will stand behind his word. I have not personally brought anything back but I did witness it happen. He was pleasant and said "I don't care if its broken and your not happy I'll give you your money back" and then told the cashier to give him a full refund.

Sometimes they have "Dealers" (people who buy new stuff and sell new stuff) if you find a good deal, then go ahead, but if its close to retail I'd stay away. Most of the "New" stuff is at all the flea markets and chances are they can give you a better deal.

Now for the junk. Tony's main business is a re-sale shop. He buys estates, and the leftover of houses when people move. He boxes it all up. Puts it for sale in his re-sale shop. Once it doesn't sell for a few weeks. He will put it at auction, if it doesn't sell at auction then you have what my favorite thing in the auction is. "Box Lot" This is all leftovers. Sometimes you get some nice things in box lots, sometimes you get crap and nice things, sometimes its all crap. But 90% of the time they are under $5 a box. For example; I bought a $5 box lot that came inside a 50 gallon tub with a lit. The tub alone was worth $5. The stuff inside I sold for about $10-$12. Granted I only sold each item for .25 but there were enough of them to make my money worth it. Just be careful what you get in the box and don't bid $10 for a $1 item in a box, and you will find all kind of treasures and have a great deal.

Tony's Auction is located on Ecorse Rd, just east of Merriman Rd, by Detroit Metro Airport.

Happy Hunting!
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment